2 Tier Cake Collapsed

Decorating By designsbydawn Updated 1 Jul 2010 , 3:37pm by 4Gifts4Lisa

SugarFiend Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFiend Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 11:38am
post #61 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by designsbydawn

I am not sure what happened. I made a 2 tier fondant baby cake I used straws and 1 wooden dowel down the center for support. It fell that same night at the customer's house. She said she thought it might have been bc it was too hot. Any suggestions on how to have prevented this from happening? This is the first time this has happened that I am aware of.

So, the verdict: This collapse does not appear to have been your fault. judge.gif As shown by the cake detectives, evidence indicates that there were forces at work beyond your (and possibly even your friend's) control. The integrity of your stacking skills remains intact. You shall not be held liable for any defects in design, materials, or workmanship. icon_lol.gif

Chasey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chasey Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 11:55am
post #62 of 63

Well case closed then! icon_biggrin.gif

Maybe her husband "collasped" the cake and told HER the white lie! icon_lol.gif

Glad it seems like your stacking wasn't the cause. Rest easy and look forward to your next cake! thumbs_up.gif

4Gifts4Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4Gifts4Lisa Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 3:37pm
post #63 of 63

I loved this thread...because I learned alot!!!

OP...doesn't look like any malice on your friend's part...probably embarrassment! If I dropped a cake a friend had spent so much time and love on I am sure I would NOT say anything to her...and then if someone else posted I might be tempted to fudge the truth. If put on the spot, I think I'd say something along the lines of, "OH! After all your hard work I hoped you'd never find out about the accident! We were so thankful for all your hard work...and it was absolutely delicious!"

I'm thinking the pit in your friend's tummy was about as bad as the pit we get in ours worrying about our cakes! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%