Attach Stars

Decorating By Leandra914 Updated 30 Jun 2010 , 8:31pm by Leandra914

Leandra914 Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 4:25am
post #1 of 5

Can someone please tell me what the thin-"wire-looking" things are that are used to attatch stars to the top of cakes? Thanks!

4 replies
mbark Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 4:44am
post #2 of 5

it's heavier gauge floral wire, I buy mine at Michael's

bmoser24 Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 4:59am
post #3 of 5

Be careful to make sure it's food safe wire, floral wire could have lead in it. There is a sticky in the forum on this subject.

mbark Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 5:01am
post #4 of 5

or use a thin coffee stirrer, insert into cake & place the wire inside it

Leandra914 Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 8:31pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks everyone!

Quote by @%username% on %date%