Lightsaber

Decorating By petunia Updated 2 Jul 2010 , 9:50am by petunia

petunia Posted 27 Jun 2010 , 10:29pm
post #1 of 8

Is there anything in the cake world that would give the illusion of a glowing lightsaber? icon_confused.gif

7 replies
RedDarlene Posted 27 Jun 2010 , 10:58pm
post #2 of 8

The only thing I have ever seen that looks remotely like a "real" lightsaber is pulled sugar. Way about my expertise. However, if you could find a clear tube, put lights inside and cover in gel you could get the look. Don't now if that helps. Look forward to seeing what you end up with.

petunia Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 6:55pm
post #3 of 8

hmmmm, interesting idea with the tube. I would love to do something edible. The cake is not until October, I will try to remember to post. Thanks for the suggestion icon_smile.gif

superwawa Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 8:25pm
post #4 of 8

If you decide to go the non-edible route I think a glow stick is a great solution.

Depending on the size needed of course, but they come in all sizes. Actually a few weeks ago I picked up some neat ones in the Clearance racks at Michaels - a 12+ inch foam cylinder with a glow stick inside for $1. I picked up a few with the purpose of maybe using them for lightsabers one day because even if I took the glow stick out of the foam, it is still much longer than a traditional glow stick. HTH I'll try to attach a pic so you know how big I am talking about
LL

petunia Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 9:20am
post #5 of 8

Wow! The non-edible route is certainly looking good. I guess I'll be heading to Michael's!

Ursula40 Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 11:28pm
post #6 of 8

Ooh and I will be heading down to Yuyuan after the summer and see whether I can get something similar here, that's a great idea. And THEN I have to find an unsuspecting boy and somehow convince him, that he has always WANTED and DREAMED of a lightsaber cake.

Grin and I know of exactly 2 candidates, they won't know what hit them

ElmwoodHero Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 3:11am
post #7 of 8

you could do something with poured sugar

petunia Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 9:50am
post #8 of 8

Sugar or even jello would be ideal if I could, somehow, get lights into it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%