Elmo Cake

Decorating By SiftedSweets Updated 28 Jun 2010 , 4:03am by annabanana183

SiftedSweets Posted 27 Jun 2010 , 9:19pm
post #1 of 5

I want to do a 3d elmo poping out of the cake for my daughters 2nd birthday. What moold can i use to make an elmo? Or is there a 3d elmo??

4 replies
alsiemen Posted 27 Jun 2010 , 9:50pm
post #2 of 5

One of the wilton yearbooks used the elmo pan and candy melts to make an elmo face that is then inserted into the cake to look like it is popping out. I made an elmo out of RKT for my daughter's cake and then drizzled chocolate over it for the "fur". It turned out cute.

christephenie Posted 27 Jun 2010 , 11:47pm
post #3 of 5

I just completed a Chuckee Cheese Cake for my grandaughter. I had him coming out the the top of cake (3D head and arms). I made the parts out of Cereal Treats covered with fondant. The head is on a dowl that runs all the way through the cake. Elmos head is a simple shape unlike a mouse as are his arms. I am going to try to send pic.

christephenie Posted 27 Jun 2010 , 11:58pm
post #4 of 5

Im going to try to post pic , again. If not attached see my photo page.

annabanana183 Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 4:03am
post #5 of 5

I made the elmos body out of cake, staked 7"6" and 4" cakes and sculpted them,and used RKT for the head and the arms. I used wooden dowels in the arms and the head , and for the fur I used BC with a star tip. Eyes and nose are RKT too.
I made another similar cake for a friend, who only needed the cake for 20 ppl so I made the whole emlo out of RKT,
So you can do either.

Here a link to my pic,
HTH : )

Quote by @%username% on %date%