How To Make My Own Impression Mat

Decorating By kattyann Updated 1 Jul 2010 , 11:11pm by kattyann

sewsweet2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sewsweet2 Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 1:09am
post #31 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamSquad

Hey, I have a question, last week I saw either here on CC or maybe surfing the web, where someone used nontoxic fabric paint to create the design on the acetate strip. How safe is the nontoxic fabric paint? Has anyone else seen this website? I wished I had saved this to favorites, had problems with downloading the instructions. TIA icon_confused.gif
Hammy

Check out my tutorial on seed beed piping at:
http://community.webshots.com/user/abbyniemeier
Click on each picture and read the instructions below it. HTH

As far as nontoxic fabric paint.... I use it. The paint stays on the acetate paper. How safe is typing paper, Viva paper towels, and many of the other common items we use on our cakes?

HamSquad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HamSquad Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 1:18am
post #32 of 35

One of the clay balling tools that you can buy at local craft stores have a balling tool that has a real small rounded end, maybe that would work on the blue stencil or clear blank stencil sheet to poke a bumps on the line of the pattern to be pressed into cakes, what do ya think?
Hammy

HamSquad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HamSquad Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 1:33am
post #33 of 35

Thanks Sewsweet2 for reposting. I hoped you would come to this forum. You are right we do use a lot of items on our cakes. After, reading the article, I went and read a bottle of one my the fabric paints I have, I'm a crafter too. I guess it is no different than using acrylic stamps, which I love using. I hope you don't take my comment as anything negative, just wasn't sure of its safety, sorry! I will be trying this too, love TexasSugar's ideal as well.
Hammy thumbs_up.gif

sewsweet2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sewsweet2 Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 2:10am
post #34 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamSquad

One of the clay balling tools that you can buy at local craft stores have a balling tool that has a real small rounded end, maybe that would work on the blue stencil or clear blank stencil sheet to poke a bumps on the line of the pattern to be pressed into cakes, what do ya think?
Hammy

I've tried an embossing tool on velum. Thought it was a great idea but it didn't give enough indentation for me to use as an impression matt.

kattyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kattyann Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 11:11pm
post #35 of 35

Thanks for all of your ideas! I'm waiting on the design my future daughter-in-law has in mind. Things keep changing! They might end up going to the local grocery store if they don't get there act together and start acting like my husband and I have some input!!
Thanks
kattyann

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%