Condensation On White Chocolate

Sugar Work By KayMc Updated 27 Jun 2010 , 6:33pm by KayMc

KayMc Posted 27 Jun 2010 , 4:07pm
post #1 of 3

OK, yesterday I made my first white chocolate high heel shoe. I used the Wilton white chocolate melts, and put that into a mold. I added a size 4 pearl border around the rim of the shoe, and a black gumpaste bow on the toe area. I put it in the fridge overnight to harden completely.

Today (90-some degrees and HIGH humidity) we have contractors installing new exterior doors in our house, so the one door by the kitchen has been open to the outside all day. Our AC is turned to a high temp, so we don't spend a fortune cooling the outdoors while the doors are off. Because the house is so warm, I left the shoe in the fridge. My daughter has worked @ Godiva for years, and she said white choc has a high cocoa butter composition, so it melts easier than regular chocolate. I didn't want my shoe getting soft and mushy, so it's in the fridge.

I took it out to glue on the bow, and it started being covered w/ condensation in just a few minutes. How will I ever get it out of the fridge? Does anyone know how I can do this, once the AC is back on in the house? I'm worried the condensation will make the chocolate all mushy.

2 replies
Cakepro Posted 27 Jun 2010 , 5:22pm
post #2 of 3

Well, first of all, Wilton candy melts are not white chocolate. (IMO, they are more like plastic than chocolate.) Condensation is going to form no matter what, so just bring the shoe out of refrigeration, place in front of a fan, and wait for the condensation to evaporate before attempting to glue the bow on. It will be fine. icon_smile.gif

KayMc Posted 27 Jun 2010 , 6:33pm
post #3 of 3

I agree that Wilton melts are not real chocolate. I thought they would work for a molded shoe since they're made for melting, rather than tasting good. And, I figure that no one over the age of ten would want to eat the shoe, so if it tastes like cheap candy, I'm ok with that. I make sure I use quality ingredients for the cake and the frosting, but for this..... I wasn't worried about taste.

If a fan works, and there's no bad residual, I'm thrilled! I will try that! Thank you so much!

Quote by @%username% on %date%