Stupid Murphy's Law

Business By thecookieladycc Updated 29 Jun 2010 , 2:47am by Rebealuvsweets

thecookieladycc Posted 27 Jun 2010 , 3:06pm
post #1 of 15

Yesterday was a bloody nightmare! I had a wedding consultation in the morning and I usually meet at a little coffee shop in town. I am about a block away when my phone rings. Its the bride and the shop is closed and she is none too happy (like it was my fault). So we go to the gas station instead because it had a small sitting area. I get there and start talking to the bride and groom. They have NO clue what they want. After about 45 min of talking and sketching I tell them to think about it, and if they want to use me to look on line or something and get an idea of what they want and let me know.icon_confused.gif
Fast forward to the afternoon. I had a wedding cake to set up so I go in a little early to get started (its at the same venue where I rent my kitchen). I open the fridge and all of the blue RI has run all over the cake. I scrape all of the runs off and start stacking the cake.... only to find out that the pillars I got don't fit the plates!icon_surprised.gif After a mild panic attack I just decide to go to the store (at least a 30 min round trip) to get some more. I get about half way there and decide to screw it and just work with what I have because I'm already cutting it close. I get back to the venue to see the guests walking though the DOOR!!! WTH! I should still have another hour. The MOTB showed and I'm expecting a full on rage. Nope she just tells me to take my time, then right in front of her the wedding topper falls off and breaks, taking a chunk of cake with it. It took every thing I had not to start bawling right in front of her. Did what I could to fix it and left. I am so stinking glad that is over with! icon_cry.gif
Sorry just needed to vent.

14 replies
mom2twogrlz Posted 27 Jun 2010 , 3:24pm
post #2 of 15

OH NO!!!! So sorry that happened to you. Time to relax with a glass of wine and undo all the stress!

emiyeric Posted 27 Jun 2010 , 3:27pm
post #3 of 15

What a nightmare, you poor poor thing! I am so sorry everything was such a mess for you! It's not even like you were cutting corners or procrastinating, Mr. Murphy REALLY just had it out for you. ((((HUGS!!!)))) Here's to a better week!

gnee_gvc Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 4:06am
post #4 of 15

WoW! Glad to hear you survived that day.

To make sure I don't have the same problem, do you know why the RI ran?

thecookieladycc Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 1:26pm
post #5 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnee_gvc

WoW! Glad to hear you survived that day.

To make sure I don't have the same problem, do you know why the RI ran?




I think maybe because it was so stinking humid here, but honestly I really don't know. I've never seen RI do that before!

leah_s Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 1:51pm
post #6 of 15

Why was the cake in the fridge?

jenmat Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 6:28pm
post #7 of 15

oh ugh. That totally sucks. You did the best you could not crying in front of the woman. Can you say PRESSURE??? Ick, wouldn't want to be in your shoes!

thecookieladycc Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 7:08pm
post #8 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

Why was the cake in the fridge?




Because the filling had cream cheese in it. Where else was I suppose to put it?

mayo2222 Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 7:27pm
post #9 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecookieladycc

Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

Why was the cake in the fridge?



Because the filling had cream cheese in it. Where else was I suppose to put it?




Don't take offense, but I believe Leah was just trying to help and obiviously didn't know it had a perishable filling which is why she asked.

thecookieladycc Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 8:20pm
post #10 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayo2222

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecookieladycc

Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

Why was the cake in the fridge?



Because the filling had cream cheese in it. Where else was I suppose to put it?



Don't take offense, but I believe Leah was just trying to help and obiviously didn't know it had a perishable filling which is why she asked.




Oh I'm not....(takes a LOT to offend me) I really am wondering if there was some place else I could put it. I'm still pretty new at this so all of my cakes go in the fridge until I deliver. If there is a better method I would love to know it.

VNatividad Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 8:31pm
post #11 of 15

I'm still new too, but I believe RI is not supposed go into the fridge. The cold/condensation of the fridge melts RI.

thecookieladycc Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 9:46pm
post #12 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by VNatividad

I'm still new too, but I believe RI is not supposed go into the fridge. The cold/condensation of the fridge melts RI.




Well don't I feel like a dumb a$$! icon_redface.gif lol

Learn something new everyday!

4realLaLa Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 1:49am
post #13 of 15

Now that was some morning. I feel for you. You did well not to cry, but you got through it. You will laugh about this someday.

LoveMeSomeCake615 Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 2:14am
post #14 of 15

Wow, I'm so sorry you went through all that! I hope the rest of your week goes better!

Rebealuvsweets Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 2:47am
post #15 of 15

I too, am sorry that happened to u...we learn something new most of the time on cc...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%