Cake Mixes ??

Business By sjbeatty8 Updated 27 Jun 2010 , 6:55am by JanH

sjbeatty8 Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 9:47pm
post #1 of 8

Just curious if anyone who owns there own business ever makes doctored cake mixes vs. everything from scratch and also what are your opinions on this subject???? (doctored includes WASC)

7 replies
indydebi Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 10:01pm
post #2 of 8

This is a very popular and controversal topic and you'll find lots of threads on it.

The answer is "all three" ..... scratch, mix and doctored mix.

And not just folks on CC. There are large commercial bakeries who make all from scratch; large commercial bakeries who use doctored mixes; and large commercial bakeries who use the 50-lb just-add-water mixes.

tarheelgirl Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 10:06pm
post #3 of 8

I would definitely do a search. Tons of threads on this particular topic with good information.

auntiecake Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 10:07pm
post #4 of 8

This is so true indydebi!

4realLaLa Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 10:24pm
post #5 of 8

There is another thread that got pretty heated discussion on this topic just recently. It will be an interesting read if you find it.

asanchez Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 10:29pm
post #6 of 8

Cake decorating has been a hobby and I have not been able to enjoy as much of it in the last 2 years due to family health issues, but I have always baked from scratch, that is how I learned.

My teacher taught me that way.

However, I am going to try the WASC method. I don't want the "box" taste. If my tasters and clients likes WASC then I will incorporate in my future baking. I am always open to try new things.

Loucinda Posted 27 Jun 2010 , 2:31am
post #7 of 8

No way is wrong, do whatever works for you and your clients. icon_smile.gif

JanH Posted 27 Jun 2010 , 6:55am
post #8 of 8

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%