Desserts Only Reception?

Lounge By jonahsmom Updated 20 Sep 2010 , 6:19pm by scp1127

jonahsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jonahsmom Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 2:20am
post #31 of 34

Okay - thanks for listening to me think out loud. icon_smile.gif

So I went with the truffle idea and found some ideas that I want to try. And if they work out (and are a good savory option) it could be fun! Since I thought the truffles could be a fun little surprise I went online searching for fun and interesting truffle ideas. A couple sites had some really different (at least to me!) truffle offerings. I had to search more to find some similar recipes to try, but I want to start off by trying these three:

dark chocolate chipotle, white chocolate ginger, and white chocolate matcha (or dark chocolate-I haven't decided yet!)

Those sound like savory options to me, but I'm a noob at thinking like that so I'm not 100% sure. Does this sound like a good place to start?

So needy...I know! icon_smile.gif
Lys

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 2:31am
post #32 of 34

Sounds good to me. One of the first savory items I made was a truffle also. They're so versatile you can't go wrong.

jonahsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jonahsmom Posted 20 Sep 2010 , 1:07pm
post #33 of 34

Okay - so I'm nervous because our party is THIS SATURDAY!!!

I did change my menu some, go figure, so I thought I'd put it out here so you all could tell me if its enough or if I need more variety, etc. Everything is mini.

Caramel macchiato cupcakes
Snickerdoodle cupcakes
French vanilla cupcakes
Peanut butter cookies
Lemon snickerdoodle cookies
Banana whoopie pies
Strawberry whoopie pies
White chocolate truffles
Scotcheroo truffles
Cream puffs
Popcorn (with three flavored popcorn shakers: white cheddar, butter, kettle corn)
Bottled water
Coffee

Don't know if there's time to add something, but if you think I should PLEASE let me know!

Thanks!

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 20 Sep 2010 , 6:19pm
post #34 of 34

Indydebi, every Christmas I put out a dessert bar as one of my gatherings for my extended family. I sooooo overdo it with tons of options and too much quantity of everything. We usually have about 30 to 35 people and about 30% are big eaters. What is your rule of thumb for number of options and average number of pieces per person. My business will be open this Christmas and overdoing it this year will be a bit of a strain. I think I need to be a little more realistic this year.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%