Bride Changed Her Wedding Venue...

Business By Bonnie151 Updated 26 Jun 2010 , 9:42pm by indydebi

Bonnie151 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bonnie151 Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 9:01pm
post #1 of 4

...what would you do?

One of my September brides just emailed me to say that unfortunately her wedding venue will not be ready for her wedding so she's running around trying to find somewhere else. The new place she's thinking about booking is quite a bit outwith my delivery radius and I have another wedding in the opposite direction which would make it a logistical nightmare (and I don't know whether I could co-ordinate both now).

I feel really sorry for her, and don't know whether to:

- Say yes but up the delivery charge (but due to the other wedding this is pretty risky)

- Say sorry I can't deliver to the new location but offer to let them collect (it's mini cakes and they have purchased their own stand)

Aaaaarrgghh! I don't want to let someone down especially when they are having venue nightmares, but I wouldn't have booked a wedding at the new location to begin with and I don't want to end up at risk of not being able to deliver! DH thinks I should accommodate her, MIL thinks I should send my apologies!

3 replies
tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 9:06pm
post #2 of 4

if they are mini cakes.. I say let her pick them up. (at her own risk, of course) or cancel the order. you dont want to chance ruining the second wedding with a late cake delivery to accomadate a change for another bride. JMHO

matthewkyrankelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matthewkyrankelly Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 9:18pm
post #3 of 4

Explain the situation to her and offer to work with her.

Maybe there is a way to package them for delivery that will help her. She pays any extras, of course. And someone could come to pick them up.

If she can't do it, her change, her fault, she'll have to find someone else.

If it seems undriveable now. It will be then.

BTW - maybe there is a courier service she could hire?

There are a few here and we aren't major metropolitan.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 9:42pm
post #4 of 4

If they're just mini cakes, do you have a friend who could deliver them for you, or is there another caker in your area who could help you out? I know, for example, if CC'er jillmakescakes had such a conflict, she knows she could call me and I'd take care of one of her deliveries for her.

Also, since they're mini cakes, can you deliver those early?

I had 3 wedding cake deliveries one day and all of them wanted a 5:00 delivery. Two were really close so they were no problem and I was able to deliver those at 3:30-ish instead of 5:00. The last one was a good hour drive from the other two and I got there around 5:00 with plenty of time to set up.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%