Cc Users I Need Your Help

Decorating By Creativebakes Updated 27 Jun 2010 , 1:46pm by CakeWhizz

Creativebakes Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 8:01pm
post #1 of 5

Where can you get that black looking stencil on the sides of Wedding cakes. I've been looking at the pictures in the wedding cake galleries and all the cakes using them look so modern and elegant. My sister wants it for her wedding cake but I don't know where to get it. Does any one know where i can order it? I hope yall know what I'm talking about.

4 replies
karateka Posted 27 Jun 2010 , 8:56am
post #2 of 5

you can buy lots of pretty stencils at GLobal Sugar Art.

cakesrock Posted 27 Jun 2010 , 12:34pm
post #3 of 5

But make sure you practice before doing it on the actual cake -this is what I have read in the forums.I bought some and am planning on trying it. They also suggest you start with a colored cake (sage green or something like that) with a lighter (white) stencil, as it is easier to wipe off if you make an error. If you do a search through the forums you will find some info and maybe a tutorial. I bought mine at Global sugar art, but they are not cheap! Have fun...

Tellis12 Posted 27 Jun 2010 , 1:02pm
post #4 of 5

I got mine from Designer Stencils. They're great to work with. http://www.designerstencils.com/

CakeWhizz Posted 27 Jun 2010 , 1:46pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks for starting this thread. I already have some stencils but haven't used them yet. Love the tip cakesrock!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%