Cc Users I Need Your Help

Decorating By Creativebakes Updated 27 Jun 2010 , 3:32am by mcdonald

Creativebakes Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 2:33pm
post #1 of 9

Where can you get that black looking stencil on the sides of Wedding cakes. I've been looking at the pictures in the wedding cake galleries and all the cakes using them look so modern and elegant. My sister wants it for her wedding cake but I don't know where to get it. Does any one know where i can order it? I hope yall know what I'm talking about.

8 replies
Kellbella Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 2:38pm
post #2 of 9

Global sugart art has some great stencils or you can use the Cricut cake.

luvbuttercream Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 2:42pm
post #3 of 9
leah_s Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 5:08pm
post #4 of 9

google cake stencils and you'll find lots of sources

Creativebakes Posted 27 Jun 2010 , 2:13am
post #5 of 9

One more questions: What type of icing is best for imprinting on fondant

Marianna46 Posted 27 Jun 2010 , 2:36am
post #6 of 9

Many people use royal icing. It can be spread over either fondant or buttercream. Good luck with this cake. I'm sure it will be beautiful!

anasazi17 Posted 27 Jun 2010 , 2:49am
post #7 of 9

I just used the stencil from GSA today, it worked great...I just used the airbrush.

Creativebakes Posted 27 Jun 2010 , 3:23am
post #8 of 9

Is an airbrush system expensive?

mcdonald Posted 27 Jun 2010 , 3:32am
post #9 of 9

I stencil with a thicker buttercream than what I am icing with. I make sure my icing is crusted over or I will put it in the fridg for a bit to get the icing set up so the stencil doesn't stick.

Quote by @%username% on %date%