Business By cattycornercakes Updated 26 Jun 2010 , 5:00pm by cattycornercakes

cattycornercakes Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 1:31pm
post #1 of 4

I think I've finally found a kitchen to rent. They are asking me if I have insurance, what kind of insurance and what the policy limit is on the insurance.

Ok...what kind of insurance do I need?


3 replies
indydebi Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 4:04pm
post #2 of 4

Did the owners specify what kind of insurance they were looking for? It should be in their contract.

Did you talk to your insurance agent? Since he's licensed to understand this contract law, he'd be the first person to ask.

In general, you're looking for liability insurance and you probably want some coverage for any euipment of yours. While you're shopping, if you haven't bought it already, discuss the need for commercial auto coverage, especially if you're delivering cakes.

homemaluhia Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 4:25pm
post #3 of 4

If it's similar to the incubator kitchen I found, they want General Liability insurance. The kitchen I spoke with asked for $1,000,000.00 in coverage.

cattycornercakes Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 5:00pm
post #4 of 4

The place I'm looking to rent is a gild hall...they rent the hall out for events and they have a kitchen. They've never rented out just the kitchen so this is new for them. He only asked me if I have insurance which I told him I don't and I'd have to check into it. I figured at the least I'd need liability insurance. Would that cover if I burned the place down using their kitchen?

I'll have to call my agent. Good point about the auto insurance...I hadn't really thought of that.

Any idea how much insurance costs?

Quote by @%username% on %date%