For Those Who Love Cake Tv As Much As I Do...

Lounge By lmnettles Updated 27 Jun 2010 , 2:08pm by Joyfull4444

lmnettles Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 11:27pm
post #1 of 15

TLC and Buddy Valastro are working again to create a new TV show called "Are you the next great cake artist?" I believe it will be along the lines of Top Chef or Project Runway. (mod edited for content.)

14 replies
awatterson Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 11:42pm
post #2 of 15

That sounds so neat. For some reason that link will not pull up. I love watching cake shows.

Rebealuvsweets Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 12:15am
post #3 of 15

I also luv all the shows on cakes and cupcakes anythiing to do with baking...Monday cake boss, tuesday cake wars...luv luv luv all the shows out there....

catlharper Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 3:49am
post #4 of 15

I could never do this! I don't know how these people compete on these things. I hate it when someone talks to me while I'm decorating (as my family well knows...thank goodness for the rental kitchen now) and having some judge hovering over my shoulder and a cameraman in my face and an audience and hot lights...Oh No NO NO NO...LOL...but I love watching those who can!

Cat

noahsmummy Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 4:09am
post #5 of 15

can i just say im very jealous of you all? lol. we dont get cake shows here in aust. unless you have pay tv (which i dont) i tried seeing if there was website i could stream them from, or even buy the dvds from ebay.. no luck.. =( and the dvds were very very very expensive.. id be better off getting pay tv. lol.

chellescountrycakes Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 4:18am
post #6 of 15

I'd just love to be the idiot theypair some of the artists with on challenge sometimes... icon_smile.gif

Jamielc Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 4:36am
post #7 of 15

I'll be watching .. but I definitely won't audition. lol. Ace of Cakes is my fave. =)

SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 5:49am
post #8 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsmummy

can i just say im very jealous of you all? lol. we dont get cake shows here in aust. unless you have pay tv.

The only way I can watch these shows in New York is on pay TV. I don't think most of the cake shows are on free TV.

Regarding the new show. We were out to dinner tonight. The restaurant had a big TV tuned to Food Network. My 8-year old daughter saw that a cake Challenge was on and got very excited. We then started to talk about this new show and I said that I thought it would be neat to see some of the people that are on Cake Central participate in the new show. My daughter said, "Mommy, YOU should be on that show! You would WIN!"

Sorry, but I have to say how cute I think she is! I had to disappoint her though by telling her that I could not even imagine that I would have enough talent to be on a show, and even if I did, I don't ever want to be on TV. She's so sweet and tried to convince me on the ride home that I should enter! It's amazing how kids can have such a different perspective.

Joyfull4444 Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 6:20pm
post #9 of 15
Quote:

can i just say im very jealous of you all? lol. we dont get cake shows here in aust. unless you have pay tv (which i dont) i tried seeing if there was website i could stream them from, or even buy the dvds from ebay.. no luck.. =( and the dvds were very very very expensive.. id be better off getting pay tv. lol.

noahsmummy, are you able to watch this link? Its the tlc website with a full episode of ultimate cake Off with Buddy Valastro. Theres a few other full episodes besides this one plus a bunch of short clips of Buddy's show.

http://tlc.discovery.com/videos/cake-boss-ultimate-cake-boss-ultimate-cake-boss.html

noahsmummy Posted 27 Jun 2010 , 12:22am
post #10 of 15

oh no! i just tried but it came up and said "were sorry but this video is not available in your area." =( dammit. thankyou though.

JaeRodriguez Posted 27 Jun 2010 , 1:46am
post #11 of 15

I just saw a commercial for a cupcake show (not cupcake wars) but i cant remember the name, something like DC cupcakes maybe? but oh my word they should just make a cake channel!!!

Ursula40 Posted 27 Jun 2010 , 2:01am
post #12 of 15

Some of the cakeboss ones are on youtube, you could try that

Joyfull4444 Posted 27 Jun 2010 , 2:11am
post #13 of 15
Quote:

oh no! i just tried but it came up and said "were sorry but this video is not available in your area." =( dammit. thankyou though.

Sheesh, I should have thought of youtube! Of course. Theres full episodes of Cake Boss there. Its in parts, part 1, part 2 etc but its all there. Check the link and see if you're able to view it.

noahsmummy Posted 27 Jun 2010 , 2:24am
post #14 of 15

thankyou for the link! i tryed youtube before, but not much came up.. oh well, got it now. =)

Joyfull4444 Posted 27 Jun 2010 , 2:08pm
post #15 of 15
Quote:

thankyou for the link! i tryed youtube before, but not much came up.. oh well, got it now. =)

Oh good! I'm glad you're able to view them. Can't let you miss out on all the fun! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%