Master Mix Recipe 4 Cakes, Pudding & Cookies

Baking By JanH Updated 11 Aug 2008 , 5:51pm by dandelion56602

banba Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
banba Posted 4 May 2007 , 6:07pm
post #31 of 48

In the master mix is it calling for 1 and a half tablespoons of salt or 1 half tablespoon of salt? Just about to make this!

banba Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
banba Posted 4 May 2007 , 6:40pm
post #32 of 48

I am going with the 1 and a half tablespoons of salt!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 27 May 2007 , 10:13pm
post #33 of 48

Good grief!! How did I ever miss this thread??? Thank you so much Jan for posting the Master Mix. I noticed it said it was the fourth -- (dumb question) are there three other threads just like this??? I must know... icon_rolleyes.gif

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 28 May 2007 , 1:47am
post #34 of 48

RisqueBusiness had a homemade basic cake mix:

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-49589-.html

HTH

teasom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
teasom Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 9:14pm
post #35 of 48

I can't wait to try these!!

simplysweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
simplysweetcakes Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 9:18pm
post #36 of 48

great info, can't wait to try

Wandao Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wandao Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 9:22pm
post #37 of 48

Thanks soooo much!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 1:22am
post #38 of 48

This has got to be one of the greatest threads! icon_biggrin.gif

yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 1:53pm
post #39 of 48

Ok, I was just thinking about how to enhance my cake mix cakes. I've tried the wasc and nobody liked it ( I guess everyone was use to the texture of the mix; I do use melted butter and milk or half water half milk, I use pillsbury). Once I made a duncan hines and we all liked it and everyone said it tasted like scratch. Then I started reading on here that some where having problems with dh, so I kept using my pillsbury. I do not like scratch cakes. The texture, the dryness doesn't stay as moist as mixes etc. So please share, is this master mix more scratch cake textured, does it have the same result as the wasc (didn't like) or is it in between a mix and scratch. Where can I get the shortening?

yummy Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 1:55pm
post #40 of 48

Ok, I was just thinking about how to enhance my cake mix cakes. I've tried the wasc and nobody liked it ( I guess everyone was use to the texture of the mix; I do use melted butter and milk or half water half milk, I use pillsbury). Once I made a duncan hines and we all liked it and everyone said it tasted like scratch. Then I started reading on here that some where having problems with dh, so I kept using my pillsbury. I do not like scratch cakes. The texture, the dryness doesn't stay as moist as mixes etc. So please share, is this master mix more scratch cake textured, does it have the same result as the wasc (didn't like) or is it in between a mix and scratch. Where can I get the shortening?

yummy Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 1:42pm
post #41 of 48

Can anyone answer my questions, please?

mommarivera Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommarivera Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 1:57pm
post #42 of 48

Wow cant wait to try these!!

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 2:26pm
post #43 of 48

Many years ago when I sold Tupperware they had a basic cookie and (if I remember right) a basic cake mix recipe. This sounds similar. I like the idea of the basic cake mix for extending my cakes. Thanks so much for sharing this Jan, and for all the variations too, wow. I'll have to give it try too.

I'd like to know who uses what to get a good strawberry cake using a white cake mix to start. I haven't liked any strawberry cake mixes I've tried. I want something with flavor. Thanks!

jackfrost Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jackfrost Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 2:28pm
post #44 of 48

Has anyone tried using sour cream in the mix? I to am not a scratch baker except for certain specialty cakes. I strictly use DH and I always add sour cream, my customers rave about the moistness of my cakes. I was just wondering before I mix up a batch of this and add sourcream to a cake, has anyone else done this. Thanks for your help icon_smile.gif

g_snap Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
g_snap Posted 24 Feb 2008 , 1:02am
post #45 of 48

could you please send me the recipes that follow the mater cake mix, some of the ingredients listed do not have numbers. thank you ginger

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 5:44am
post #46 of 48

NOOOOO!!!! I was reading away ready to find out if a strawberry version or red velvet had been achieved & it was lost in the crash!

I'm wanting to try to go to scratch, but am terrified! I have sooo many doctored cakes I love & think it will be hard to find ones I like from scratch, but maybe I could have basic flavors from scratch. Can't wait to try!

ETA:
Has anyone made a butter cake w/ this?

I'm confused w/ the amounts. There are ? for a lot of the amounts---in the master mix & variations ingredients.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 6:11am
post #47 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandelion56602

I'm confused w/ the amounts. There are ? for a lot of the amounts---in the master mix & variations ingredients.

The thread was reposted after the crash:

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-579223-.html

HTH

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 5:51pm
post #48 of 48

Thank you. I found this one through links through other posts & didn't know it had been reposted. I can't wait to try this, but man am I nervous!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%