Any Idea For How To Ship 3D Fondant Covered Cookies?

Baking By Dreme Updated 2 Jul 2010 , 12:17pm by ALVARGA

Dreme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dreme Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 7:52pm
post #1 of 4

Does anyone ship their fondant covered cookies? I have been asked by a few people if I can ship my cookies. Right now, for local clients, each cookie comes in a cello bag with a satin bow. Cookies are packed in a white box with tissue paper matching my colors and a logo sticker on the box. I want my packaging to be very professional once I start shipping. It needs to look good once the client opens the box. (Think of how a well known designer would ship their products)

I need to know the best way to ship 12 to 1000 if they are in A. Individual bags inside of a pretty box & B. Individual boxed in clear plastic boxes.

(How do you ship 1000 cookies anyways? I actually had someone ask about that)

TIA

3 replies
ALVARGA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ALVARGA Posted 27 Jun 2010 , 1:17am
post #2 of 4

I ship my fondant covered cookies all the time. I package each in a cello bag with ribbon. I usually put a layer of bubble wrap, some paper shreds from our shredder, another layer of bubble wrap, a layer of cookies, a layer of bubble wrap, shreds, bubble wrap, cookies, bubble wrap and just continue until they are completely packed. I seal the box and mail. Make sure you mark the box fragile and perishable. My cookies always arrive in great condition with a very minimal of breakage. Hope this helps. One more thing don't mail your cookies late in the week, chances are they will spend the weekend in some hot warehouse.

Dreme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dreme Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 2:19am
post #3 of 4

How do the cookies hold up in the heat? I don't want them to be sitting on a hot porch all day once they ship to the client.

ALVARGA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ALVARGA Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 12:17pm
post #4 of 4

I decorate my cookies with MMF and royal accents. They do OK. I have not received any complaints. I usually ship to south TX area so there is plenty of heat. I also usually ship priority mail so that it gets there in just a couple of days.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%