Cake Jewelry

Decorating By luv2cake Updated 31 Aug 2005 , 8:47pm by TinaRe

luv2cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2cake Posted 31 Aug 2005 , 7:07pm
post #1 of 6

Hi guys!

I have done 4 wedding cakes so far, and two of the four have had these beautiful cake toppers. I don't know if this is a new trend or not, but once I have saw it I loved it! Some people call it cake jewelry.

On my brother's wedding cake, he made the monogram out of Stainless steel and painted them pink to match the cake - so cute.
The other cake I did, I ordered mirrored acrylic letters from a local sign company.

I have since come across this awesome website that I wanted to share with you. I will definitely order from them as I think they have reasonable prices for these elegant cake toppers. The second link has more expensive products.
http://www.craftcuts.com/CAKE-TOPPERS.HTML
-or-
http://www.advantagebridal.com/weandancaje.html

Just thought I'd share.
Brandi

5 replies
mvucic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mvucic Posted 31 Aug 2005 , 7:12pm
post #2 of 6

Wow! Those are great! Thanks for sharing icon_smile.gif

Say, didn't they use the Baroque Swarovski Crystal Cake Topper on one of the "Today Show" Wedding Cakes the other day?

smediagirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smediagirl Posted 31 Aug 2005 , 7:14pm
post #3 of 6

You can alos get some beautiful ones on e-bay or make them. I made one for a littler girls birthday cake I just did, pic in photos. It was cute and fun for her. I also use vintage jewelry on my cakes for a unique twist.

BJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BJ Posted 31 Aug 2005 , 8:16pm
post #4 of 6

Oh my Gosh! icon_surprised.gif They are beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing.

NottawaChelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NottawaChelle Posted 31 Aug 2005 , 8:26pm
post #5 of 6

These are beautiful. My mom does delicate scroll saw work and I'm betting that she could easily make something similar. Might be an idea to check out your woodworking friends! Scroll saws can be used on a lot of different materials.

TinaRe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TinaRe Posted 31 Aug 2005 , 8:47pm
post #6 of 6

wonderful! I know that brides must go nuts for these! They are so pretty!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%