Ace Of Cakes Buttercreak Fondant- It Won't Get Hard?!?!

Decorating By pichou Updated 25 Jun 2010 , 5:54pm by Lcubed82

pichou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pichou Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 5:33pm
post #1 of 3

i have to make a graduation cap and i have added a lot of Tilos to this Ace of Cakes Black buttercream fondant. it's been 2 days and it's still soft?!?!?!

i have no idea why it's not working???

2 replies
cs_confections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cs_confections Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 5:43pm
post #2 of 3

Hate to tell you this...but it won't work for that. It's the same as Fondarific - which I love and use to cover my cakes. But for details that I need to dry hard, I still use Satin Ice.

You may be able to get it to dry firmer if you mix in some gumpaste. The color is pretty saturated so it may not lighten it too much. Good luck!

Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 5:54pm
post #3 of 3

Same experience- my black and orange loopy bow still has flexible black loops, 4 weeks later!

If you can get your hands on some black Wilton, add gumpaste (1/2 and 1/2 amt) or tylose, and it'll harden up pretty quickly. That's what my orange loops are, and they are hard! (and were after only a day or so)

I didn't want to have to color black fondant, and needed more than the one little pack, but have no use for the other colors in the box. That's why I bought the Duff's. I wish Wilton would package the black separately, like they do the white!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%