Florida Decorators

Business By procrastibaker Updated 28 Jun 2010 , 3:49pm by Kayakado

procrastibaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
procrastibaker Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 5:24pm
post #1 of 6

I was on facebook today and noticed an ad for a home cupcake business. Well, there is a company in Napels FL that states that they have a way around the Florida law that will not allow you to sell out of your home. Of course they have a class that you have to take, but I took chance anyway and requested info on how it is possible to sell from home legally. I will let you all know if I hear anything back. I do not know if I can mention the company's name, so just google cupcakes in Naples Fl it is located on Tamiami Trail. If anyone else has information on this please reply.

5 replies
Maria925 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maria925 Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 5:36pm
post #2 of 6

Oh I'm curious to hear about this for sure! I would like to one day be able to sell cakes, but having to rent a commercial kitchen will definitely keep that dream out of reach for awhile!

I'm curious to see how this could be legal as I obviously don't want to do anything that is illegal. I wonder if it is a scam of some sort?

procrastibaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
procrastibaker Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 7:24pm
post #3 of 6

Well that was a bust! The owner replied and stated that the only way you can get the information is to take their course. It is over three grand! Guess i will keep searching.

iamelms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iamelms Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 7:48pm
post #4 of 6

that sounds fishy! $3,000 to find out a loophole? hmmmmm....

LoveMeSomeCake615 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoveMeSomeCake615 Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 2:13am
post #5 of 6

That's a total scam. thumbsdown.gif

Kayakado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kayakado Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 3:49pm
post #6 of 6

Sounds like it might be similar to something I read on her (CC) about cupcake parties or something but you bake and decorate in the clients' home.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%