Bridal Shows

Business By sweetfinale Updated 26 Jun 2010 , 12:54pm by sweetfinale

sweetfinale Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 4:34pm
post #1 of 4

I wanted to know what you all thought about bridal shows. I am trying to increase my business and I was considering paying for a booth at a bridal show. However, I have heard that they are a waste of money. Does anyone agree or disagree? or have any suggestions for increasinf business besides referral programs.

3 replies
leah_s Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 4:40pm
post #2 of 4

I do a lot of shows, like 6-8 a year.

The primary purpose of dong a wedding show is to meet other vendors who you can refer brides to and who will refer to you. Be sure to save back some samples till the end of the show, so you'll have some to give to other vendors, along with your card. Also, f there's a fashion show, there's little activity on the floor, so that a good time to network. Take plenty of biz cards, compliment others on something in their booth then introduce yourself. Say that you're building a referral book and could you take 20 of their cards?

Brides are just gravy.

indydebi Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 4:51pm
post #3 of 4

Brides are just gravy.

In addition.......

You get out of it what you put into it.

If you are a real "people" person; if you can get out there and make a friend with a stranger inside of 30 seconds; if you are not pushy but not shy; if you have good info at the booth that causes them to remember you and want to talk more with you; if you have a personality that really hooks 'em from the git-go; if you have good follow up and good marketing skills/materials; if you do great promo work by broadcasting your participation in your monthly newsletter or an email blast ...... then you will do great.

If you are a wall flower and just stand there HOPING someone will ask a question; if you wait for them to ask for a cake sample; if you are silently praying they will just take your flyer and call you later; if you dread talking to strangers; if your booth is lackluster and doesn't have a WOW factor to catch their eye; if you don't network with the other vendors (this is the BIG one!); if you don't do immediate follow up ..... then you might as well stay home and save the money.

It all depends on what you put into it.

I, personally, tried to do at least 3 shows a year.

sweetfinale Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 12:54pm
post #4 of 4

thank you

Quote by @%username% on %date%