Urgent Hot Pink

Decorating By summersusu Updated 25 Jun 2010 , 4:37pm by rkei

summersusu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summersusu Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 3:43pm
post #1 of 10

So will the icing begin to darken as it sits, I feel like I have added enough gel petal pink for hot pink...almost the whole little container. I am making it right now, so any help would be great....i need HOT PINK.
Thaks

9 replies
2SchnauzerLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 3:50pm
post #2 of 10

I haven't used petal pink - I used Wilton Rose to get a hot pink - the name of the color is definitely a misnomer, but it comes out hot pink.

LittleFox09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleFox09 Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 3:50pm
post #3 of 10

i have heard that the icing will darken a bit but i had to use americolors hot pink to even get close to acheiving a hot pink color. good luck. i hope it works out for you!

summersusu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summersusu Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 3:55pm
post #4 of 10

opps, I meant rose petal pink, is that what you used in Wilton?

sweetjane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetjane Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 3:57pm
post #5 of 10

Chefmaster makes a "no fade pink" that's really nice

Trishop2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Trishop2 Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 4:09pm
post #6 of 10

I have never had luck trying to achieve deep colors with wilton... For pink I use Americolor's electric pink, love it!
WOuld adding a little red work?

Donnagardner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Donnagardner Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 4:12pm
post #7 of 10

chefmaster rose pink makes hot pink without having to use a lot of coloring

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 4:20pm
post #8 of 10

I use Wilton Rose and it takes very little of it to get hot pink. I can get a nice deep color w/o adding very much at all.

VNatividad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VNatividad Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 4:25pm
post #9 of 10

I haven't used any of Duff's colors but someone advised me to use his jewel colors for deep royal blue color. I went and looked and they also have a hot pink in another set of colors. I'll be purchasing those next time I'm at Michaels.

Give the color some time to darken but it depends on how much frosting you are coloring. The royal blue I colored was enough icing for a 6 and 12 square and it took 2 1/2 bottles of wilton royal blue. I mixed the color for 2 days! The first night I had only 1 bottle the second night I purchased 2 more bottles. The color darkened really nice after 24 hours. The cake is in my photots, dodger blue quinceanera cake..

rkei Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rkei Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 4:37pm
post #10 of 10

Before I used gel colors, I just used the red liquid food coloring from Safeway or Walmart. It always got HOT pink, and never faded. HTH.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%