Fluffy Cupcakes

Baking By trisey Updated 26 Jun 2010 , 6:57am by bakescupcakes

trisey Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 3:37pm
post #1 of 5

i am a new to cake central as well as baking period. does any have a recipe they can share for a moist fluffy cupcake. ive tried several but all turned out to be very dense.

4 replies
juststarted Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 5:54pm
post #2 of 5

Did you try any of the chiffon cake recipies? it's a great compromise between moist and fluffy.

LindaF144a Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 12:54am
post #3 of 5

How do you make your cupcakes? How long do you cream the butter and sugar in the beginning? What recipe do you use? What is the temperature of your oven? How long do you bake them? What recipe do you use? Do you bake from scratch, mix, or doctored mix?

As you can see, there are many reasons why this happens. You may have a good recipe, but are missing a step in your process. If you post more info it would be easier to help.

sugarandstuff Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 1:12am
post #4 of 5

Check Martha Stewart or William Sonoma websites for good cake/cupcake recipes. Follow the directions as written and use quality ingredients ( e.. g. don't skimp on butter, vanilla, chocolate quality).

bakescupcakes Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 6:57am
post #5 of 5

Welcome to Cake Central trisey, although I'm fairly new as well! The Hummingbird Bakery vanilla cupcake recipe is very light and fluffy, although I did reduce the sugar as I found them very sweet! It's the method where you mix the butter in the dry ingredients until looks like sand, and then add milk and egg. That method was new for me (used to creaming method) but boy does it make a light cupcake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%