Peanut Butter Filling/icing

Decorating By llj68 Updated 31 Aug 2005 , 7:00pm by llj68

llj68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llj68 Posted 31 Aug 2005 , 6:52pm
post #1 of 3

Has anyone ever made peanut butter icing with CHUNKY peanut butter instead of creamy?

I'm not using it as an icing--it will be a filling used in a dark chocolate fudge cake with Dawn's chocolate butter cream icing.

I'm making the cake and then decorating it with cake balls (peanutbutter/chocolate, of course) and the client requested chunky peanut butter.

I'm hoping to get some expert advice here on CC rather than having to spend the time and $$ to experiment and figure out if it's awful or not.

I'm not a "peanut" person, myself, so about anything with nuts in it is ruined IMO.

TIA!!

Lisa

2 replies
abbey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abbey Posted 31 Aug 2005 , 6:55pm
post #2 of 3

I'd think it would be fine to use chunky if it's just for a filling. I wouldn't want to use it if I was icing with it though because of the chunks. Good luck it sounds yummy!

llj68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llj68 Posted 31 Aug 2005 , 7:00pm
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey

I'd think it would be fine to use chunky if it's just for a filling. I wouldn't want to use it if I was icing with it though because of the chunks. Good luck it sounds yummy!

Yeah--it would look pretty gross as an icing. LOL! Talk about smoothing problems!!

Lisa

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%