Kitchenaid Mixer ?

Business By angelina2740 Updated 24 Jun 2010 , 7:17pm by crystalina1977

angelina2740 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelina2740 Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 5:11pm
post #1 of 7

Hi I going to star my own business cake decorating and I need a mixer and I wonder wich model should I get? please help me I found a Kitchenaid HD for $ very good deal but I don't know if I need such a powerful machine what do you think? please any advice will be great.
profesional
Thans everybody.

6 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 5:16pm
post #2 of 7

you're starting a business

you need professional-grade, heavy-duty equipment.

this is NOT the time to wimp out and buy stuff made for the home baker.

It is going to be a part of the foundation on which your business is built and therefore must be dependable and long lasting.

"More powerful" in commercial tools of any sort generally translates to longer lasting and more dependable.

buy the best you can afford.

----

I'll leave it for others to debate the relative merits of the various brands of commercial mixers and advise as to the size to get (tho', speaking as a guy -- bigger = better icon_rolleyes.gif)

luvbuttercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvbuttercream Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 5:30pm
post #3 of 7

I am getting the kitchen aid Artisan mixer for a GREAT deal. I live in Canada so the deals aren't so good here but the artisan one would be $500 here I am getting from Lowes in the states for $219!! So thrilled and after using a classic kitchen aid I think this one will work great it has a bigger bowl and more watts.

4realLaLa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4realLaLa Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 6:50pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvbuttercream

I am getting the kitchen aid Artisan mixer for a GREAT deal. I live in Canada so the deals aren't so good here but the artisan one would be $500 here I am getting from Lowes in the states for $219!! So thrilled and after using a classic kitchen aid I think this one will work great it has a bigger bowl and more watts.

I have the Artisan myself and if you're getting for $219 that is a great deal. I love it! Doug is right. I would go with a professional grade mixer if I was starting a business. You want that will stand up to making batch after batch of batter and icing. For that you need a motor that is designed for that type of heavy duty work.

Good luck and congrats.

awatterson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awatterson Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 7:04pm
post #5 of 7

I would buy the most powerful one you can afford. I am sure that you will never wish that you had a less powerful mixer, but I can be sure that you will wish that you had a more powerful one if you just buy a regular mixer.

kitchenshop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kitchenshop Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 7:16pm
post #6 of 7

Make sure you compare the wattage of the motors, not the name they call it. KitchenAid makes a lot of different mixers - they look the same, but the motors are different. You might also consider the Cuisinart and the Bosch mixers.

crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 7:17pm
post #7 of 7

LOL at Doug - bigger is better icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%