On A Stick

Baking By SpudCake Updated 25 Jun 2010 , 12:20am by linedancer

SpudCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpudCake Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 4:59pm
post #1 of 14

I need to make some flower cookies on a stick. I plan to use nfsc recipe can I make the cookies fairly thick and stick have good results? Thanks.

Joanne usaribbon.gif

13 replies
bbmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbmom Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 5:16pm
post #2 of 14

Yes, I use NFSC for all mine. I usually roll my cookies about 3/8" inch thick. Depending on the size of the cookie, they usually take about 13-15min to bake in my oven.

verono Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
verono Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 5:19pm
post #3 of 14

I use the same thickness as usuall.. And I put the stick in when they come out of the oven.. and then I flattened them with the back of a spoon.

SpudCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpudCake Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 5:22pm
post #4 of 14

Thanks I appreciate the quick response.

Joanne usaribbon.gif

verono Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 5:30pm
post #5 of 14

But I don't use NFSC.. but it similar.

linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 5:37pm
post #6 of 14

I don't put the stick in the cookie at all, I put it on the bag, using Shiney's method. Put a little hot glue on the stick, put the stick on the bag, and for extra hold, use a piece of clear packing tape over the glued stick. When you get your cookies decorated, place in the bag and tie with a pretty ribbon. Just wanted to give you another option.

verono Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 5:41pm
post #7 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by linedancer

I don't put the stick in the cookie at all, I put it on the bag, using Shiney's method. Put a little hot glue on the stick, put the stick on the bag, and for extra hold, use a piece of clear packing tape over the glued stick. When you get your cookies decorated, place in the bag and tie with a pretty ribbon. Just wanted to give you another option.

And people like the "look" ? icon_confused.gif

kneadacookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneadacookie Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 7:20pm
post #8 of 14

i actually just started "glueing" the stick on the back of the cookie with white chocolate. i can bake and decorate the cookies so much easier!

linedancer Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 8:59pm
post #9 of 14

When you are looking at the cookie from the front, there is very little difference than if the stick was in the cookie, especially if the cookie is in a bouquet.

I like them lots better if kids are involved because you can give them the cookie and keep the stick, no more little kids running around eating a cookie off of a stick.

I used to use royal icing to "glue" the stick to the cookie, but really did not like that look and also the hard icing you had to eat around.

The white chocolate method is good if you live somewhere cool or they are staying in a/c, but here in FL, the chocolate melts in the heat. Ask me how I know icon_cry.gif

kneadacookie is correct, if you don't put the stick in the cookie, the cookies are so much easier to bake and decorate

Here is a pic of a bouquet that has the sticks attached to the bags.
LL

cakeymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeymom Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 9:09pm
post #10 of 14

I've done tons of cookies and place the stick in after they bake and I rarely ever have a problem with breakage, or decorating.

So, I guess it's just a matter of preference.

cakeymom

rhondab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rhondab Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 9:30pm
post #11 of 14

The stick on the bag option opens up all sorts of possibilities. Father's Day found me 4 hours from my kitchen, busy getting my Mom moved into a retirement community, fitting in a visit to my Dad who is in rehab at another facility. Put some store-bought sugar-free cookies in the bags with sticks, added some bright stickers to the bags, some tissue and ribbons, and came up with a happy boquet. It wasn't the home-made treat I had planned, but it still was good for a smile or two.

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 11:30pm
post #12 of 14

when I do cookies on sticks, I put the stick in before baking. I use the NFSC recipe and roll them thicker than I normally do, to give the stick more room.

here are some past threads about cookies on sticks with helpful info...

cookies on sticks process
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-633578.html

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-619564.html

cookies on sticks
http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-673510-.html

tweeter_bug98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tweeter_bug98 Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 11:42pm
post #13 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by linedancer

I had never thought of that! I am going to try it. Thanks!!

linedancer Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 12:20am
post #14 of 14

The thanks go to shiney, but I am always happy to pass the tip along.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%