Using "clings" On Graduation Cake

Decorating By caleyb Updated 24 Jun 2010 , 6:45pm by caleyb

caleyb Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 3:50pm
post #1 of 3

This might sound strange...but there has to be some way I can use these!!! I found some really neat graduation "window clings" that have nice sayings on them. I would like to use the cling on a graduation cake I am making. How would I do that - would I adhere them to a cake board cut to the size and shape of the cling or does anyone have any other suggestions? I don't think it would be good to just lay them on the cake - doesn't sound to sanitary to me.....suggestions are appreciated. This is my first cake I am making for anyone outside of my immediate family so I am a bit nervous. I am using buttercream icing. Thanks.

2 replies
Herekittykitty Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 5:22pm
post #2 of 3

You could attach them to a piece of fondant or gumpaste and trim to fit the cling then attach the whole piece to the cake, just make sure everyone knows not to eat the plaques.

Or you could make the image into a FBTC transfer.

OR you could attach them to a piece of wax or parchment paper, trim and add to the cake, again making sure no one eats them.

Although, attaching to the cake board is not a bad way to go, but you did say you wanted them on the cake.

caleyb Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 6:45pm
post #3 of 3

thanks for the tips...most definitely will tell them first thing not to eat the cling! Picture/writing much to detailed for the transfer but thanks for the heads up on that post - very interesting!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%