Color Suggestion Help?

Decorating By CandyLady Updated 24 Jun 2010 , 4:58pm by CandyLady

CandyLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CandyLady Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 12:10pm
post #1 of 7

doing a 1/4 sheet for rehearsal dinner at mother of the bride's home. small wedding. one bridesmaid wearing grey carrying rose colored flowers. Mother wants pic of bride/groom on cake. What would you suggest for a design/color combo. thanks for your help.

6 replies
Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 2:00pm
post #2 of 7

Could you cover the cake in a very LIGHT rose colour - place the picture of bride/groom on it as MOB wants and if there is room or you are onclinded do some actual rose coloured flowers with tiny grey flowers dotted here and there around as a boarder?

That way you are incorporating the colours on the day.

Rose and grey do look beautiful together and very swish actually.
Just a thought from me................*shrugs*

Bluehue

michel30014 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michel30014 Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 3:53pm
post #3 of 7

Just a suggestion: What if you went with a tie-dye effect for covering the cake. You know, just swirl one color into the other gray on rose or reverse it. Then, you can add the pic in the center of the cake.
And, I like bluehue's idea-rose colored flowers with tiny gray flowers.

It's an idea!!

tanstaafl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanstaafl Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 3:56pm
post #4 of 7

Fondant or buttercream?

If fondant, you could do a marble of the grey and rose.

Also, have you seen the pic that she wants you to include? You could always pull some colors from the background, or what they are wearing.

CandyLady Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 4:46pm
post #5 of 7

have not seen the picture yet. Father-in-law in Newfoundland sending picture of son. It will definately be buttercream. tiny grey flowers? thinking what I could do?

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 4:55pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyLady

have not seen the picture yet. Father-in-law in Newfoundland sending picture of son. It will definately be buttercream. tiny grey flowers?
Yes, tiny grey blossom flowers against a rose pink BC/Fondant covered cake would look stunning - have think outside the square and do different than what everybody else would do - thats what will set you apart.
Even adding a tiny pink center to each little flower - again, stunning

Bluehue

thinking what I could do?

CandyLady Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 4:58pm
post #7 of 7

I love that idea...was thinking of the opposite but have to think outside the box...would you add a green leaf?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%