What's The Best And Most Stable Berry Flavored Fillings...

Decorating By bmoser24 Updated 24 Jun 2010 , 9:32pm by bmoser24

bmoser24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bmoser24 Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 4:32am
post #1 of 4

Filling????
I need 3 fillings, all berry flavors; straw, blue and rasp. I need to fill and ganashe and let rest overnight. Decorate the next day. And deliver the following. This cake will set out for at least 48 hrs.total.
Sooo, I need advice on the filling- should i use BC or Pastry Pride, Berry sleeves or pie filling? I'm also concerned about the temp...75-85 degrees at the wedding. It needs to be stable and firm.
I would hope the filling wouldn't ooze out when cut.
Thanks for all your help!

3 replies
tavyheather Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tavyheather Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 4:37am
post #2 of 4

I use this recipe: http://cakecentral.com/recipes/2503/raspberry-filling

it's VERY thick and tastes amazing. I got the "best raspberry filling I've ever had" comments

msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 5:59am
post #3 of 4

Hi, if your cake needs sit out for 48hrs, you need to use a NON REFRIGERATED FILLINGS. Like the sleeve fillings. I love them because they are delicious and DON'T NEED REFRIGERATION. I have used then nunerous times to fill my cakes and I haven't had a problem with them at all. As far as oozing is concerned. You can make a dam and then place the filling inside the dam to prevent oozing. Also, it will not soak through your cake either. HTH

bmoser24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bmoser24 Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 9:32pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by msthang1224

As far as oozing is concerned. You can make a dam and then place the filling inside the dam to prevent oozing. Also, it will not soak through your cake either. HTH

Thanks, for your help.
The "oozing" I'm concerned about is not from the edges, when icing or a bulge, but, I don't like when the cake is cut and the filling spreads out all over and gets messy, Esp. because this is a wedding cake.
I jsut made a vinalla cake w/ strawberry MM filling, it tsted great, but i noticed when they cut the slices the filling oozed out and looked bad.
Maybe thats normal or common for a fruit filled cake? I'm not sure i just didnt think so.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%