Cream Cheese Filling Sleeves Asap Please

Decorating By Sweet_Kakes Updated 10 Aug 2011 , 10:01pm by spunkimo

Sweet_Kakes Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 3:40am
post #1 of 7

Can anyone tell me if the cream cheese sleeves will be ok to fill a cake and let it set out over night because it will be ganached? or does it need to be refrigerated.

basically I will bake my cakes tomorrow and then friday fill with cream cheese and fresh strawberries on bottom teir and then top teir is lemon filling. then i need to cover the bottom in chocolate ganache and the top in white chocolate ganache.

I am wondering if i can leave them out over night because i need to cover them in fondant at 5 am.... or can i refrigerate them and then just cover them in fondant even though they are cold....

6 replies
msthang1224 Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 5:41am
post #2 of 7

Hi, I use the sleeve fillings quite often and they DON'T require to be refrigerated once inside your cake. But, now the cake that you are filling with the FRESH strawberries, need to be refrigerated otherwise it will spoil. Sleeve fillings have long shelf life. I have used them in my cakes and I don't worried about them being left out afterwards. HTH

sweettreat101 Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 7:52am
post #3 of 7

Filling doesn't need refrigeration but the strawberries do or they will get soggy and wilt.

spunkimo Posted 19 Jul 2011 , 1:59pm
post #4 of 7

Can anyone comment on the flavor/quality of the sleeved cream cheese filling?

brenda549 Posted 19 Jul 2011 , 2:28pm
post #5 of 7

@spunkimo - I am but just one voice and one opinion of hundreds on here, but I do not like the cream cheese sleeved filling. I do like the raspberry and strawberry, but the cream cheese tasted very chemical like. I refused to use it after ordering it for a wedding cake. Like I said, I am just one of hundreds. Others may like it.

cai0311 Posted 19 Jul 2011 , 3:57pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Quote:

@spunkimo - I am but just one voice and one opinion of hundreds on here, but I do not like the cream cheese sleeved filling. I do like the raspberry and strawberry, but the cream cheese tasted very chemical like. I refused to use it after ordering it for a wedding cake. Like I said, I am just one of hundreds. Others may like it.

I agree with this statement. I like all the flavors except cream cheese (well, and blueberry and cherry but that is because I hate all things blueberry and cherry). The cream cheese filling sleeve does NOT taste like cream cheese filling to me. I made my own cream cheese filling but almost all other fillings I use the sleeves.

spunkimo Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 10:01pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks guys! The ladies at my local cake supply store seemed to agree that the fruit fillings are good but custard/ dairy-based fillings taste awful, including the cream cheese filling!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%