What Is Sleeve Filling

Decorating By Herekittykitty Updated 24 Jun 2010 , 10:43pm by JCE62108

Herekittykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Herekittykitty Posted 23 Jun 2010 , 11:25pm
post #1 of 11

I keep seeing this referenced in the forums. What is this? A brand? A type? A way to improve the fit of your shirt? For the love of cake someone tell me what this is!!!

10 replies
yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 23 Jun 2010 , 11:33pm
post #2 of 11

It's a fruit or cream filling you find in a plastic sleeve (looks just like one) in your cake supply stores. Go to
www. countrykitchensa.com and type fillings in the search box. They come in lots of flavors.

mom2twogrlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2twogrlz Posted 23 Jun 2010 , 11:47pm
post #3 of 11

yep. pre-made fillings available at a cake supply store. Just cut the corner and squeeze!!!! I personally don't care for them much, but most people do.

malene541 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
malene541 Posted 23 Jun 2010 , 11:51pm
post #4 of 11

I buy mine at our local "bulk" store. It's a grocery store that sells everything in bulk for restaurants and such. One sleeve will do many cakes and they are priced anywhere from $2.00 to $4.00 for a sleeve. (It's the same stuff our donut shops put into the filled donuts)

twinkie126 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinkie126 Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 12:02am
post #5 of 11

I always seen them in the store and I am afraid to try them. They do taste good?

Maria925 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maria925 Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 12:21am
post #6 of 11

Since they come in the sleeve does that mean they don't have to be refrigerated? I want to start using different fillings in my cakes, but I don't want to do cakes that have to be kept in the fridge.

yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 12:27am
post #7 of 11

I put in a ziplock bag and frig after I open them. The raspberry, strawberry and pineapple are delicious! I haven't tried any other flavors.

mbark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbark Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 12:51am
post #8 of 11

just my two cents... yuck! I think those sleeved fillings taste like plastic. I make my own fillings from scratch.

Herekittykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Herekittykitty Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 10:11pm
post #9 of 11

Thanks everyone, it has been driving me nuts and my searches were not very informative.

hammer1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hammer1 Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 10:16pm
post #10 of 11

What is sleeved filling? NASTY

JCE62108 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JCE62108 Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 10:43pm
post #11 of 11

I used sleeved fillings for my fondant cakes because it does not have to be refriderated. I dont particularly like them though. The strawberry is flavorless and weird. So is the raspberry. The coconut just about made me yak. Its actually good when you mix it with buttercream, though. Someone needs to come out with a line that actually tastes great. I dont care if it costs more. Its cost me more in time and money to make my own. Id rather have the convenience of the sleeved fillings. Ive been buying amoretti swirls to enhance the strawberry and raspberry. So far Im not totally thrilled, its better, but not fantastic. Ive asked on here before if anyone knows of great sleeved fillings, and it seems like all anyone can tell me is henry and henry. They must be the only ones that make it for retail sale.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%