Dressing A Fondant Person.

Decorating By JennC29 Updated 23 Jun 2010 , 11:31pm by PattyT

JennC29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennC29 Posted 23 Jun 2010 , 8:26pm
post #1 of 4

What is the easiest way to dress a fondant person. I was making a little boy and the face and body went okay but when it came to dressing it it was a disaster.

3 replies
Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 23 Jun 2010 , 10:35pm
post #2 of 4

http://www.extra-icing.blogspot.com/ I recommend Aine2's tutorials. Her work is amazing and she is a great teacher. She is a member on this forum.

rainyone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rainyone Posted 23 Jun 2010 , 11:04pm
post #3 of 4

I suck at this part too! you probably already are but make the arms and legs out of the color of pants/top the person is wearing instead of trying to wrap the color around them- make a hole and stick hands and feet in ....

aine2's tutorials are wonderful i must say.

PattyT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyT Posted 23 Jun 2010 , 11:31pm
post #4 of 4

I've only done a couple of figures, but I do similar to what rainyone is suggesting.

If I can, I form the figure using the color of the 'clothes'...say blue pants and white shirt using blue and white fondant/gumpaste, then stick the arms and head on. I did this with a Ben10 figure and my little avatar guy. I've done a couple of 'graduates' but those don't really count as clothes 'cause those graduation gowns are easy...

But like the others have recommended aine2 does the most wonderful, whimsical characters it's worth checking out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%