Toilet Cake

Decorating By BARBARAJEAN Updated 24 Jun 2010 , 3:06pm by BARBARAJEAN

BARBARAJEAN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BARBARAJEAN Posted 23 Jun 2010 , 7:05pm
post #1 of 6

I saw so many of them in the gallery, but I would sure appreciate a little more help. I only need 25-30 servings. I am not a fondant expert, but can use it if need be. Does anyone have some really simple directions or any tips? This is for a good friend's husband, so I am willing to be grossed out and have some fun for her. Thank you so much for help. I was surprised to see how many of you have made them. Aren't people funny!!!!

5 replies
BARBARAJEAN Posted 23 Jun 2010 , 9:12pm
post #2 of 6

I was just trying to get this on the front page.

sherrycanary62 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sherrycanary62 Posted 23 Jun 2010 , 11:06pm
post #3 of 6

you want a tutorial on making poop?????????

why?

icon_confused.gif

malene541 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
malene541 Posted 23 Jun 2010 , 11:28pm
post #4 of 6

OK, the "turd" can be made by microwaving some tootsie rolls together then shaping it accordingly. (really easy)
For the bowl of the toilet (if you have it) use the "Betty Crocker 4-pc Bake'n Fill Cake Set". The large "bowl" part of the cake works excellent! If not, I don't really know what you could use? Then have the "tank" of the cake be 4 layers high of cake and a small square cake under the bowl makes it look much better too. You don't have to use fondant but my opinion is it would look better. Completely up to you though! I also used lemon gel filling for the "water" in the bowl which worked really well due to the lemon smell.
Here is the one I did:
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1304479
I also just stuck a wooden dowel in the side with real toilet paper rolled onto it and the plunger is styrophome covered in fondant. The "rug" is normal buttercream frosting. The lid is a piece of cardboard covered in fondant.
I hope this all helps and good luck!!

bbsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbsmom Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 1:01am
post #5 of 6

I did one using just buttercreme(since I'd never tried fondant then). I came out well, just smooth the areas well. Another idea for the "poop"-I've used cut up pieces of Baby Ruth candy bars.

BARBARAJEAN Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 3:06pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you. Malene, you cake is so so so well, right for what I need.
I hated to pick the word pretty. Thank you for the tips girls.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%