Diabetic Chocolate Cake?

Baking By cakegroove Updated 24 Jun 2010 , 6:23pm by shanney54

cakegroove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegroove Posted 23 Jun 2010 , 4:30pm
post #1 of 5

I looked under the Diabetic Cakes section in the recipes here, but not really anything for chocolate cake. Does anybody have a tried and true recipe for diabetic chocoalte cake/frosting?

4 replies
ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 23 Jun 2010 , 4:37pm
post #2 of 5

Sugar Shack has one on her blog..I will look for it and post

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanney54 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanney54 Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 2:21pm
post #4 of 5

I've used the recipe from Diane's Desserts and it was pretty good. I used it w/ a diabetic cream cheese frosting. I'm not at home right now, but when I am I'll post the recipe. My bf's uncle is a diabetic and he likes to use carob instead of chocolate. I tried making him a cake w/ it but could not stand it, it was pretty bitter tasting to me! You should be able to find it at most health food stores.

shanney54 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanney54 Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 6:23pm
post #5 of 5

Here's the recipe I used:

1 pink whipping cream
1 box sugar free pudding
16oz cream cheese
3 tbsp splenda

Whip whipping cream in a cold bowl until stiff (chill paddle too). Add softened cream cheese, pudding mix, and splenda. Mix on medium until well blended.

I tried to find it, but I can't remember where I got the recipe from. I thought that it had too much cream cheese, so I made another batch but left out the cream cheese and mixed it with the first one. I used 1/3 less fat cream cheese and added some vanilla and unsweetened cocoa. It made enough to frost and decorate a 2 layer 8-in cake and have TONS left over. If I had to do it again I would have just used half of the cream cheese that it asked for, but that's just me. Hope this helps!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%