Cake Turntable Problem

Decorating By frizzyhead Updated 24 Jun 2010 , 9:08am by sweettreat101

frizzyhead Posted 23 Jun 2010 , 6:16am
post #1 of 5

I am a complete newbie here and I hope this doesn't sound too stupid. I bought a Fat Daddios 12" cake turntable, my problem is that after I put my cake on the cake board and then put it on the turntable to put icing on it the cake slides all over because there is nothing rubber on it or anything to make it stay put. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get it to stay still? Is there some sort of board with a rubber bottom or something? Please any suggestions would be a great help! Thanks!

4 replies
Margieluvstobake Posted 23 Jun 2010 , 6:37am
post #2 of 5

Get a roll of non skid backing. I bought a small roll at Walmart in the housewares department. My roll was really to be used under rugs to keep them from slipping. You can cut it into any size or shape. Cut a small piece to put on your turntable. It is also great to put under your cake boards in your car to keep them from moving around.

frizzyhead Posted 23 Jun 2010 , 8:04am
post #3 of 5

Thank you so much I will go get some tommorrow!

MommaDukes Posted 23 Jun 2010 , 10:20am
post #4 of 5

You can use shelf paper too, the rubbery kind. I also found some round ones that are use like the shelf paper that is used for opening jars and both are great for you cakes not slipping.

sweettreat101 Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 9:08am
post #5 of 5

Buy non slip it comes in a roll and sold in the same isle as contact paper. I found mine at the Dollar tree. I put this under my cakes for delivery to keep them from sliding.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%