Edible Image On Gumpaste

Decorating By diamondsmom Updated 23 Jun 2010 , 11:39am by Mikel79

diamondsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsmom Posted 23 Jun 2010 , 1:47am
post #1 of 6

Hi Guys,

I have a cake to do for Saturday and i want to adhere an edible image to a piece of gumpaste to use a plaque sitting untop the cake.

My question is, Can I do it tonight in order to give it a little time to harden up? Would the image get dull or melt away or so by the time I'm ready for it on Saturday?

Any help would be appreciated.

5 replies
Mikel79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mikel79 Posted 23 Jun 2010 , 2:00am
post #2 of 6

Hi!

Take a look at my Spider-man cake in my photos. All the images are all edible attached to a thin piece of fondant. They were made about 4 weeks in advance of the party. The image will not dull out or dry away. There should be no reason why this will not work for gumpaste as well...

HTH
Michael

JCE62108 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JCE62108 Posted 23 Jun 2010 , 2:00am
post #3 of 6

Id love to know this too, hon. I was going to do the same thing for this weekend. I had an iphone to make. I was just going to make the phone out of gumpaste and stick the image on for the screen, but I had the same worries. I was afraid it would dry out and peel off.

The customer decided to do something else instead though, but for future reference Id love to know the answer to this.

diamondsmom Posted 23 Jun 2010 , 10:44am
post #4 of 6

Thanks a million.......I'm getting started on iot right away.i hope it dries by saturday

diamondsmom Posted 23 Jun 2010 , 10:46am
post #5 of 6

BTW.......Ur cakes are amazing Mikel79

Mikel79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mikel79 Posted 23 Jun 2010 , 11:39am
post #6 of 6

Thank you Diamondsmom!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%