Delivery Times

Business By Kitagrl Updated 23 Jun 2010 , 12:51pm by Kitagrl

Kitagrl Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 11:44pm
post #1 of 5

Do you guys have any sort of clause or anything stating that delivery time is approximate?

I always leave pretty early to give myself time in case of big city traffic/wrecks/construction/etc. Usually I arrive anywhere from on time, to 20-30 minutes early.

Talking with a nice customer just trying to hash out the delivery time...the venue is a restaurant with "iffy" staff that she (my customer) is not sure can take care of a cake long term, so they want the cake delivered only 30 minutes before the party/reception. I warned her I will try but that I'd rather leave early (its going to be roughly around rush hour traffic) and arrive early, than leave on time and get stuck and be late. So she agreed with me and all is fine....I told her I'd do my best.

How do you deal with delivery times, if you live in a busy area, and someone wants you pretty accurate on your timing?

4 replies
catlharper Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 11:58pm
post #2 of 5

I always stress that I will communicate with them if I am arriving earlier than 15 mins or later than 15mins but to always give me that leeway. I have not had a place be really strick on delivery before so that's a new one on me. Cat

cakesbycathy Posted 23 Jun 2010 , 1:47am
post #3 of 5

I tell them the time is approximate. I tell them that as long as I have the cake set up in time for the party/reception to start then it's fine and they don't need to worry about it. thumbs_up.gif

leah_s Posted 23 Jun 2010 , 2:39am
post #4 of 5

My minimum arrival time is 2 hours prior to the start of the event. Anything later and I'm late. In my contract I reserve the right to arrive 2-6 hours prior to the start of the event

Kitagrl Posted 23 Jun 2010 , 12:51pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

My minimum arrival time is 2 hours prior to the start of the event. Anything later and I'm late. In my contract I reserve the right to arrive 2-6 hours prior to the start of the event

What if the venue (restaurant) does not want a cake that early?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%