Hope This Doesn't Happen To You!

Decorating By Bakingangel

Bakingangel Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 11:13pm
post #1 of 1

About 4 or 5 years ago I used my credit card to subscribe to American Cake Magazine. After w crazy years of trying to keep up with their deliveries, I decided not to renew with them. Every so often they would send a letter wanting my business, asking me to renew the subscription by simply completing the form and return it. No way, Jose! Tossed it out with the junk mail. Didn't hear from them again.

Then out of the clear blue after a couple of years, I received a current issue back in early spring 2010, along with a letter saying my subscription was expiring soon and to mail the renewal card back to them. I blew it off as it just confirmed the fact that they still don't have their ducks in a row!

Yesterday, I saw a charge on my statement for $28 stating ...magazine...with an 800 number. I called it and found out that it was an automatic renewal charge for American Cake magazine! icon_eek.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif
I informed them that I never authorized the charge. A credit is to be issued within 2 weeks. So,beware and watch you statement closely.

I can only conclude that they are desperate for business since the Cake Central Magazine hit the stands and, in my opinion, has the "competition" as nervous as a cat with it's tail under a rocking chair! I love my Cake Central Magazine!
thumbs_up.gif

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%