New 2011 Wilton Yearbook!!!!

Decorating By Mattie1 Updated 28 Jun 2010 , 2:49pm by Win

Mattie1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mattie1 Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 7:12pm
post #1 of 8

I got mine today at Michaels. I love it. I so want the new pillow cake pans, will be so much easier than carving.

7 replies
Jenteach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenteach Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 7:20pm
post #2 of 8

I can't wait to get my copy. My daughter is going to a birthday party this Sunday at Michael's and I hope they have them in their Canadian stores by then!

Jen

JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 9:17pm
post #3 of 8

My local Michaels hardly has any Wilton items any more. My local Joann store has taken over all the Wilton classes and expanded their merchandise section. I wonder if my Michaels will even have the yearbook!

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 9:23am
post #4 of 8

I was in the local super collasal Wally World (walmart) and they did not have any yet. I seem to recal they used to come out abt Sept/Oct. Seems they've been moving up the relaese. I, too, want those pillow pans. Didnt get them for mothers day or fathers day (as a single parent I'm both) so maybe for labor day (my daughter owes me, I labored long).

Sandy

cake-queen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake-queen Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 4:28am
post #5 of 8

My Wilton instructor told me Walmart usually get the yearbook after Michaels and they can only carry the old product (may be 1 year after craft store carry it). She told me all Michaels have the year book already and all the new Wilton products are not available. I got my copy last night and can't wait to do some cake projects with my daughter.

d925marie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
d925marie Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 4:44am
post #6 of 8

Got mine from Michaels yesterday. So many things that i want to try inside icon_smile.gif

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 2:10pm
post #7 of 8

The year book comes out about this time every year, atleast for the last 5 or so years. Last year it was mid July when it it the stores. I have noticed it at Walmart last year before Michaels. My Walmart has always had the current yearbook, so I'd have to say your WMI told you wrong.

Wilton's new products are also released in June every year. There are some products that are store specific. Like Hobby Lobby doesn't have the yellow handled cake tools that Michaels has has the last two years. Some Walmarts seem to have them, but they are blue, not yellow. Target and Walmart get holiday products that Michaels doesn't carry.

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 2:49pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSugar

Wilton's new products are also released in June every year. There are some products that are store specific. Like Hobby Lobby doesn't have the yellow handled cake tools that Michaels has has the last two years. Some Walmarts seem to have them, but they are blue, not yellow. Target and Walmart get holiday products that Michaels doesn't carry.

hmmm... I have purchased a couple of different yellow-handled items at my Hobby Lobby... (whisk, measuring scoops, etc.) --they don't have the cake lifters (I got mine at Michaels,) but they do have the utensils, etc.

What I wish Hobby Lobby would stock is the heavier decorative cake drums that only Michaels seems to carry... not even JoAnn's carries those. I have to drive so much further to a Michaels near me that the gas I use is almost not worth the savings in the coupon I use to purchase them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%