Freddy Kreuger Glove Help

Decorating By Caths_Cakes Updated 25 Jun 2010 , 1:26pm by emrldsky

Caths_Cakes Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 3:55pm
post #1 of 3

My hubbies birthday is coming up, although he doesnt like cake he always ask me to make him something awesome, . . This year i ran flat out of ideas so i did the unthinkable and let him choose . . . He wants freddy krugers face on a cake with his glove hand thingy bursting out of it . . .

Im definately up for the challenge but im curious how you guys would go about making his 'hand', I was thinking about using petal paste and painting it silver for the knives, but he wants them standing up and i was worried the weight of them would be too much . . He was all up for putting real knives in the cake but id told him YOUR supposed to cut the cake not the other way round!

Any ideas or tips would be greatly apreciated, His birthday is in a week and he only told me today what he wanted so im trying to figure out as much as i can so i can get started icon_smile.gif Thankyou !!!

2 replies
staceytisdale Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 1:15pm
post #2 of 3

someything like this might be easier rather that trying to make the whole hand stick straight up

emrldsky Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 1:26pm
post #3 of 3

Can you place wire, thin dowels, or even uncooked spaghetti noodles for support and make the knives out of gumpaste? I don't see how it'd be any different than getting a small figure that is standing up. icon_smile.gif

Whichever way you decide to go, good luck!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%