I Can't Do It!!!!

Decorating By suz3 Updated 22 Jun 2010 , 3:48pm by tweeter_bug98

suz3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suz3 Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 12:36pm
post #1 of 7

Why????? does it always happen this way. A friend called yesterday and asked me to do a cake for her granddaughters 1 year bday. I did her other gdaughter last year. I so want to do it. But when I checked my calendar, we are scheduled to go on vacation. Of course I want to go on vacation but I sure do want to make that cake. I am a hobbist and don't really get that many opportunities. icon_cry.gif

6 replies
Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 1:05pm
post #2 of 7

That sucks! Is there any way you can make it before you go? Or is it smack dab in the middle of a 2 week trip? Or close to the end? I can certainly understand why you'd be frustrated if you just don't get many opportunities to showcase what you know! Is freezing an option? There are certainly ways to freeze a whole decorated cake!

suz3 Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 1:38pm
post #3 of 7

It's been awhile since I've had a chance to do something like this. It is right in the middle of when we will be gone. The cake I made for her last year was a train with 4 cars. It was pretty big. I have no room to freeze something that big and don't thinks she does either. It just wasn't meant to be but I am still pretty darned sad.

Melvira Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 3:11pm
post #4 of 7

Well that just stinks! If there isn't a way to work around it, then I guess we should just pout for one minute, THEN we can move on! Haha! icon_cry.gif Ok. icon_lol.gif I understand your disappointment. Maybe you will get another great opportunity soon! thumbs_up.gif

suz3 Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 3:35pm
post #5 of 7

I pouted and I'm over it. Thanks for the support and encouragement.

Melvira Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 3:39pm
post #6 of 7

No problem! And I'm glad you've moved on so you can enjoy your vacation! Wouldn't want to spoil that!!

tweeter_bug98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tweeter_bug98 Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 3:48pm
post #7 of 7

That is a bummer. On the bright side you'll be enjoying a vacation. Not to mention she must have liked what you did last time, because she thought of you this time, and will most likely think of you again in the future. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%