Everything I Touched Tonight Turned To Crap...

Decorating By KayMc Updated 22 Jun 2010 , 11:17am by mamawrobin

KayMc Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 2:39am
post #1 of 6

I had my third Wilton basic cake decorating class. It's so hot in the room, that everyone's icing just melts and is too soft to do the things we'd like to do. But, I did my cupcakes and went home

5 replies
Lcubed82 Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 3:28am
post #2 of 6

I know the classroom at my Ms is small- six tables crowded in. Thankfully I only had one class that had 10 people in it. Then I got in a morning rotation that only had 3-4 of us. Much more enjoyable!

I wonder if you could have added more powdered sugar to firm up the icing?

mrsc808 Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 5:54am
post #3 of 6

I've having that happen tonight. I really want to try ganache under fondant but it's not working out for me and I don't really have time to rebake but I may have to and resort to straight box mix because I'm out of key ingredients. We're just having an off night, that's all.

mamawrobin Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 7:46am
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayMc

I had my third Wilton basic cake decorating class. It's so hot in the room, that everyone's icing just melts and is too soft to do the things we'd like to do. But, I did my cupcakes and went home

If you use Indydebi's icing I bet it won't melt. thumbs_up.gif I made a three tiered birthday cake last weekend that was for an "outdoor party" and the cake sat outside from 2 PM until 6 PM and looked just as good when it was cut as it did before delivery. It was 100 degrees here last Sunday with humidity at 98%. It's the ONLY icing I will use...especially this time of year.

Bluehue Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 7:58am
post #5 of 6

Last weekend i was thinking how wonderful it is for our Winter to be here - no more *melting moments* - thats me i am talking about - icon_wink.gif

During our Summers i find its the Humidity thats the killer - heat i handle - humidity i tapedshut.gif

Hoping a cool change swings by you soon.

Bluehue.

mamawrobin Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 11:17am
post #6 of 6

[quote="Bluehue"

During our Summers i find its the Humidity thats the killer - heat i handle - humidity i tapedshut.gif

Bluehue.[/quote]

Yes!! I agree with you 100%. It's the HUMIDITY! That's what makes our summers so miserable. icon_cry.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%