What Is Best Choice Of Chocolate For Choc Chip Cookies?

Baking By yianna Updated 22 Jun 2010 , 2:53am by artscallion

yianna Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 2:33am
post #1 of 3

I am thinking of making some chocolate chip cookies.

This got me thinking, what have you found to be the best chocolate to use for chocolate chip cookies?

Thank you.

2 replies
cheriej Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 2:47am
post #2 of 3

It depends on your taste. For adults, I usually use Lindt bittersweet (60% or 70%) but this can be expensive and I haven't found it in chip form. I've used Callebaut but I think it doesn't work in a cookie. I've also tried all the package brands. Ghiridelli has a 60% bittersweet choc chip that I am going to try next week and that looks to be a good bet and i'm going to mix in some white chocolate chips.

artscallion Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 2:53am
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheriej

It depends on your taste. For adults, I usually use Lindt bittersweet (60% or 70%) but this can be expensive and I haven't found it in chip form. I've used Callebaut but I think it doesn't work in a cookie. I've also tried all the package brands. Ghiridelli has a 60% bittersweet choc chip that I am going to try next week and that looks to be a good bet and i'm going to mix in some white chocolate chips.

Ghiridelli 60% bittersweet (not semi-sweet)is the one recommended by America's test Kitchen. I agree with them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%