Which Printer Should I Buy????

Decorating By akyrissler Updated 22 Jun 2010 , 4:17pm by icingimages

akyrissler Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 11:40pm
post #1 of 2

Hello...I am a newbie here and in need of some advice. I am looking into purchasing a printer to use for edible imaging and can't decide between a Canon vs. Epson. I have talked to several people with varing opinions. I was leaning more towards the Epson bc I have heard the Canon doesn't always print "red" very well. I know Icing Images only recommends Canons, so any input would be appreciated. I am trying to decide between the Canon Pixma MP560 and the Epson NX415. Was also told the the Epsons are easier to use bc you can replace the ink without having to purchase a cartridge every time. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks icon_smile.gif

1 reply
icingimages Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 4:17pm
post #2 of 2

Actually we use both Canon's and Epsons. I only like the Epsons for the wide format printing. But that is only the Epson Workforce 1100. I do not recommend any other Epsons as we have tried some and felt that they just dont stand up like the Canon's do. You can refill Canons and Epsons. With the Canon, you always have the option to remove the printhead and it really does make a difference. Though we do not have much of a problem with our Gold Label series inks and cartridges, over time, you can get build up on the bottom of printheads. With the Canon, you can remove it and rinse it. With the epson, currently you cannot. Though we are currently working on new ideas to clean the Epson printheads, which are not removable, we are not there yet. What I also like about our Gold Label series cartridges is that they are spongeless. So all the ink, 100% of it is useable.

I know I am very biased, but I am only because we are always working on making all of our products the best that they can be. So for example, though we currently prefer Canons because of the printhead, we are working on ways to overcome those similar problems in the Epson. But when it comes down to it, you cannot remove that printhead on the Epson to clean it.

Also, what is very important is that you have great colors to work with. See if you can get a company to print out an image for you on teh Epson nx415 and then if you like we can send you one from the Canon series so you can see the difference in quality. Make sure that you choose a company that is there for you to answer the questions and give you resolution to any problems you have. No matter what, if you end up with a problem you want to be sure you have someone to answer your questions knowledgably.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%