anika2238 Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 7:46pm
post #1 of

I'm going to be making my older sister's 21st birthday cake and she just adores snakes. (she owns five)
So, I was hoping to make her a snake cake, maybe coiled or having the snake wrapped around the cake. I'm just not sure yet. Idea's and tips would be so very helpful!

6 replies
kger Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 8:40pm
post #2 of

The coiled snake idea is cool. Like 2 or 3 tiers with a gumpaste snake coiled down all the tiers.

pbeckwith Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 10:20pm
post #3 of

My nephew is a snake lover also. I did a few snakes from candy clay and coiled them on. He loved it. Used the back of a knife to imprint the diamond pattern and brushed a little dark cocoa powder on; red candy coated mini chocolate chips for the eyes, sliced up red licorice for the tongue. You could do each one of her snakes.

carebearlove Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 1:07am
post #4 of

Ive seen a snake cake made with the wilton ? mark pan.

tesso Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 1:09am
post #5 of

great way to make scales is use a mesh onion or potato bag. Cut a piece to a size you are comfortable working with, and use it as an impression. works great. and really speeds up the process.

soledad Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 4:43pm
post #6 of

Anika... i can not post a comment in your photo display, I do not know why
I jus wanted to say , your rose looks very pretty.I understand you made it with canned frosting? How did you do that? would you pls explain, if possible? Thank You icon_smile.gif
CIAO

anika2238 Posted 18 Jul 2010 , 6:42pm
post #7 of

haha sorry I just realized I had the 'would you like to allow other to comment on your photos?' option set to no. oops icon_smile.gif
And thank you.
I'm not sure why but my photo of the rose kinda... vanished... I didn't get a notice saying it was removed or anything so I'll just have to re post it. I sent you what I did to the frosting in a message.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%