Displaying Cake Balls At Farmer's Markets????

Business By chatnoir5638 Updated 22 Jun 2010 , 1:09am by MariaK38

chatnoir5638 Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 6:46pm
post #1 of 7

I want to display my cake balls at my local farmer's market...how can I display them to put their best faces forward so-to-speak? Anyone do this and how do you do it?? Thanks!

6 replies
kger Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 6:55pm
post #2 of 7

On a stick? Like cake pops, and covered with a cellophane wrap.

cheatize Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 9:12pm
post #3 of 7

I put mine in mini cupcake wrappers-the white liner with the silver holder thingy on the outside. I then place each one in a small bag and stapled it shut. When I sold one I would have the customer the ingredient list.

The bag (covering) and ingredient list are required for the cottage industry in my state.

motherofgrace Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 9:27pm
post #4 of 7

I have the wrapped in different foils depending on flavor. And just hand the customer the ingrediant list as well icon_smile.gif

johnson6ofus Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 9:35pm
post #5 of 7

I was thinking "display rack" rather than packaging. Is that what you asked?

Any 2 by4 ($2-3), in any base (X wood shape, sand pot, etc). Drill holes at a angle, measuring to be equal distance apart, and paint it a bright color. Pops stick in, and display can be full. Customers can take from display, or ask for flavors...

Wrapping and packaging ides cute as posted here above... icon_biggrin.gif

motherofgrace Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 9:52pm
post #6 of 7

oh if that was what you are asking, I dont display mine, I keep them in a mini fridge. And i have samples displayed and i keep one full size out to show

MariaK38 Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 1:09am
post #7 of 7

I was wondering about this, too. I hadn't thought to hand people the ingredients sheet instead of having to have everything packaged up and labeled beforehand. This will let people pick what they want, and they can have a variety if they'd like in one package.
Thanks for the tip!

Quote by @%username% on %date%