Freezing Buttercream?

Decorating By LoveMeSomeCake615 Updated 21 Jun 2010 , 9:13pm by LoveMeSomeCake615

LoveMeSomeCake615 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoveMeSomeCake615 Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 6:02pm
post #1 of 5

This is probably a stupid question, but does it work to freeze buttercream? I just got done with making a birthday cake for myself, and I ended up with quite a bit of leftover buttercream. Has anyone tried this, and does it still taste good when it is thawed?

4 replies
PiccoloChellie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PiccoloChellie Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 6:15pm
post #2 of 5

Yep, it works just fine. Make sure the buttercream is sealed up tight. When you want to use it, let it come to room temp and beat it for a few minutes in your mixer. icon_smile.gif

LoveMeSomeCake615 Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 7:28pm
post #3 of 5

Oh, good! Thank you so much for your help! I hated the thought of just throwing away all that good buttercream! icon_smile.gif

mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 7:47pm
post #4 of 5

I always freeze any left overs.. especially those pesky colors that you have to make up for one or two small projects. They sure come in handy when I have another one of those cakes that I only need a dab or two of some color!!! I just rotate those colors out when I need to!

LoveMeSomeCake615 Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 9:13pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdonald

I always freeze any left overs.. especially those pesky colors that you have to make up for one or two small projects. They sure come in handy when I have another one of those cakes that I only need a dab or two of some color!!! I just rotate those colors out when I need to!

That's a great idea!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%