How To Revive Really Dried Out Satin Ice Fondant Tip.

Decorating By Rog2e

Rog2e Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 5:24pm
post #1 of 1

Not sure if this was already posted since I'm new to posting on this forum but I guess it wil serve all the other new people. I saw the other post on Satin ice drying out but decided to start a new thread since this was a little different.

Gotta give credit to CakeMommie as she was the one who told me this. It is good for situations if a bucket that was just sitting around and became dried out or if you just over worked one, didn't get it on the cake in time started to dry out. I guess you can use shortning but this is for those who don't like shortining because of health reasons (not that tons of butter and sugar is already enough of a reason) icon_biggrin.gif

Add corn syrup starting with a very little and just work it in. It will be really messy at first but eventually it will start to soften up the fondant. Use corn starch if you added too much corn syrup, but just try to use only corn syrup and work in small amounts. Well that it! She showed this to people at the place she worked who were about to throw out some buckets, and they didn't believe her at first or said they "never heard of that" but she saved them about 4 buckets they were going to throw out!

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%