Scarlet Red & Gold

Baking By sweettooth88 Updated 22 Jun 2010 , 12:48pm by sweettooth88

sweettooth88 Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 2:05pm
post #1 of 6

I was just asked to make cupcakes for a wedding shower. The colors are gold and red. Any ideas on decorating them?

5 replies
sweet-cupcakes Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 2:18am
post #2 of 6

How about using hot red or gold cupcake liners, while decorating with gold or red flower icing? Is it a good idea? icon_biggrin.gif

bakescupcakes Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 4:24am
post #3 of 6

maybe red, or even black cupcake liners, with a big red blossom with gold centres on white icing. Assuming that red is the predominate colour. I'd have to do a trial run with which colour cupcake liner to use, maybe even the standard white ones? too much red and gold could look tacky?.....hmm not sure?....I'm very visual, I need to try things out, lol because generally they look very different to what's in my head!......hth

all4cake Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 4:54am
post #4 of 6

a red fondant disc with monogram in royal painted in gold...or some other detail work done in royal painted in gold

red and gold monograms/initials

white icing, airbrushed (or canned spray color (colormist?)) gold with a red blossom w/gold dragee centers

other than red and gold, is there something else going on with the theme...a flower? stripes? dots? 50s? anything else?

KrissieCakes Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 5:33am
post #5 of 6

How about these? They were made for Valentine's Day, but seem appropriate for a scarlet and gold wedding shower! You could even add a small initial in the middle of the hearts for the couple.

Or even more simple - you could do these with scarlet or gold liners, white icing swirls, scarlet fondant circles, and gold monogram.

Or these -

sweettooth88 Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 12:48pm
post #6 of 6

Wow ladies thanks for all the great ideas!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%