Duff Goldman's Fondant

Decorating By ginger6361 Updated 22 Jun 2010 , 12:50am by erin2345

ginger6361 Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 6:28am
post #1 of 7

I just tried som DG fondant. It was so soft I could not get it to do anything!! It may be good for covering a cake, but that is it. Tried making designs and it was just too soft and sticky. Would not hold any shape whatsoever!! Even added Wilton fondant to it but didn't work. What a waste of $19!! What did I do wrong??

6 replies
erin2345 Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 11:26pm
post #2 of 7

I havent used it, but I heard the same thing from someone else. I personally wouldnt pay $19 for that little of fondant!!

Cole66 Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 11:43pm
post #3 of 7

I used it on a cake this weekend and was not happy at all. It def tastes great (i had the white buttercream flavor) but is very soft and sticky. it was ok for covering the cake but its so soft when i picked it up to cover the cake it just stretched. overall the it has the best taste but very difficult to work with. I have acess to wilton, duffs and satin ice, so far satin ice has my vote.

KayMc Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 12:07am
post #4 of 7

I made a big loopy bow w/ Duff fondant, and it worked well. The loops were 6" long, and then doubled over, and they still kept their shape. It did take a week to dry on my counter, though. And they weren't hard like gumpaste, but were firm enough to hold their shape.

I've heard some say they knead Tylose into it for more strength. I haven't done it, but it might help.

LEHLA Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 12:20am
post #5 of 7

waste of 19.99 I AGREE!!!

sweettreat101 Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 12:23am
post #6 of 7

I was told by a man that owns a cake supply store that it is made by Satin Ice. I told him that I heard it was actually Fondarific but the owner of Satin Ice told him it was their product. I honestly don't know which company makes it. From what you are saying it doesn't sound like either brand to me. I have used both.

erin2345 Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 12:50am
post #7 of 7

I havent used it, but I heard the same thing from someone else. I personally wouldnt pay $19 for that little of fondant!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%