My First Attempt At Mmf

Decorating By Sipot Updated 21 Jun 2010 , 3:47pm by Sipot

Sipot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sipot Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 1:01am
post #1 of 9

I think it went pretty well, I was worried about how the MMF was going to turn out since I have never used any type of fondant and this was my first carved cake attempt. It was a different color in my head since it is a birthday cake for my husband. It makes a good baby shower fish though icon_smile.gif He liked it even though it was pastel colors. I will definately try more of this type of cake, i had a lot of fun. I used Lime Jello powder for most of the fondant, reserved a bit to put strawberry jello in ad the other colors I dyed. The cake is WASC with strawberry filling.
LL

8 replies
tiaracakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiaracakes Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 1:21am
post #2 of 9

WOW looks good to me. I am not bold enough to make MMF. what recipe did you use? You did great for a first timer.

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 3:04am
post #3 of 9

All I use is MMF... - I love it!

Your fish is very cool...first time carving? Excellent job!

Motorhead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Motorhead Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 3:20am
post #4 of 9

wow! great job! i use MMF all the time, and you've done a great job! can't wait to see your next cake!!

Sipot Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 3:21am
post #5 of 9

Yup first time carving, the only other cake I have done is a Wilton Bear pan cake. This one was pretty easy and simple though. The MMF recipe I used was a Jello MMF, it just had 10.5 oz mini marshmallows, 1 c water heat on medium heat until melted then add 1 env of jello powder then I put it in the mixer with 3 c of icing sugar and mixed it then did the kneading on the counter, that part I did not measure but i probably put another 1 or 2 cups in then put it in the frig for awhile then when I took it out used cornstarch to roll it out. it was very easy and it covered really well and did not crack or anything for me.

tiaracakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiaracakes Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 2:15pm
post #6 of 9

Thanks sipot, am going to try the recipe.

cakeglitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeglitz Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 2:36pm
post #7 of 9

Very cute fish!! Great job!! I would never have known it was your first attempt!! icon_biggrin.gif

michel30014 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michel30014 Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 3:45pm
post #8 of 9

Great job for the first time! About a month ago, I tried fondant for the first time and I think it went pretty well. You can judge for yourself. The flop earred bunny was the first attempt. The Legend of Zelda cake was the second. But, the MMF I made was split between these 2 cakes. Both cakes were for one birthday party for 2 people and due on the same day!!
LL
LL

Sipot Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 3:47pm
post #9 of 9

Very cute bunny! they both look great.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%